We invite you to join us for Holy Communion
Terry will be presiding on Sun 25th at 10 am
The service will also be live-streamed to https://facebook.com/Axmouth
An edited video will be posted here late on Sunday
Latest Government advice
All legal sanctions have been replaced by advice. We do not have to stay 2 metres apart from people we do not live with. There are also no limits on the number of people we can meet. However, in order to minimise risk at a time of high prevalence, we should limit close contact with those we do not usually live with. This includes minimising the number, proximity and duration of social contacts. We should meet outdoors where possible and allow plenty of fresh air indoors. We should still wear face coverings in crowded places.
What does this mean for us in Axmouth Church?
We have posted a new risk assessment on the porch notice board and here.
We can sing again, social distancing can be relaxed and there is no limit on how many people can attend church. However, COVID has not gone away and there are plenty of cases in East Devon. As Christians we must take personal responsibility for our actions and show care for others.
So for the present we will:
• Continue the ‘track and trace’ register
• Continue hand sanitiser/cleansing arrangements
• Encourage the congregation to use face coverings in church, including singing
• Reserve the side aisle for those who wish to maintain social distancing
• Continue communion in one kind only: no sharing of the common cup
• Exchange the peace visually only
• And, of course, ask anyone feeling unwell to stay away until recovered
We aim to open the church to weekday daytime visitors from 1st August.
We’ll make further revisions in the light of experience. We welcome your feedback.
Please read Pews News for the Week